Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My Moroccan travel tale published on the ABC!


It was over a year ago that we first flew out of Australia and started our Four Feet Forward adventures. It is coming up to 7 months since we have been back home (I can't believe how quick that has gone!)

A lot of the time it seems like life just goes on, and we forget all the amazing things we did.

But a conversation I had with Mike's family reminded me of something and inspired me to write about it.

His aunt and uncle are going to Morocco soon and it brought back all of the memories: the heat that we were so thankful for after coming from a European winter, the tagines and cous cous that made up 90% of our diet, the smell of mint tea that was offered to us on a daily basis.

But there was one memory that really stuck out, and so I decided to write my story for the ABC open project. Haggling for a bargain in the maze-like medina of Fez.

I wrote it the second I got home that day with Mike's family, and within a few days I was excited to see it live on the ABC website.

So if you want to read about 'Bartering like a Berber in Morocco', you can find it published here. If you are feeling extra friendly, feel free to leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment